Re: Generic documentation build infrastructure

Am Montag, den 03.08.2009, 17:30 +0200 schrieb Murray Cumming:
> On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 16:41 +0200, Daniel Elstner wrote:
> > * build/dist-changelog.am:
> > Optional Automake include file with a rule to generate the ChangeLog
> > file from the git log at make dist time.
>
> Please keep this out of your changes. It's totally unrelated.

I know, and I said that it is optional.  I'm not going to delete
anyone's hand-written ChangeLog file, or override a maintainer's policy.

> I certainly won't be generating ChangeLogs in any of the *mm modules
> that I maintain. Not until someone shows me a generated ChangeLog that
> is as good as a hand-edited one, in real life.

Run make dist in librsvgmm then, or check out the alpha release tarball.
If that one is not good enough, I would like to know what is missing.

But as you said, it is totally unrelated.  All I do is offering it.
Just to make this clear:  only the documentation infrastructure is
mandatory, because we need to have it all in place in all modules for
automatic configuration to work.

--Daniel