Re: pangomm split and documentation files

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 08:50 +0200, Denis Leroy wrote:
Hi gtkmm team,

How is the documentation going to be split between the gtkmm tarball and the new pangomm one ?

The pangomm reference documentation should be in the pangomm tarball,
and the gtkmm reference documetnation should be in the gtkmm tarball.

Who would have thought of that ? :-)

I think that's the case already, but please tell us about problems.

I'm not very familiar with the documentation generation tools, but I see a number of problems:

- the pangomm devhelp file is still titled "gtkmm 2.4 library reference manual"

- in both gtkmm and pangomm top book tags, the link points to a non existent index.html file. This causes devhelp to show an error when selecting the book

- in pangomm, all the relative links still point to ../../../doc/gtkmm-2.4/

On that topic, this hard-coded relative linking was always a packaging (minor) problem. I have to sed this away in the spec file since Fedora puts the documentation in /usr/share/gtk-doc/html. Not sure how other gnome projects deal with this...

I'll work on some patches on my end.