Re: Where I put the realize function?

Paulo Flabiano Smorigo wrote:
Hi José,

I tried to implement the "realize" function but without success.
If it's possible, I'm sending the code that I'm using to implement so you can look and just tell me where the "realize" should be...

Thanks in advance for the help...
P. F.Smorigo

Paulo:

You should always post questions to the list because others may have better answers than I do. That said, here's my suggestion: Review the information that the online book has on signals:

http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/sec-signals-overview.html
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/chapter-signals.html

You'll want to move the call to your DrawingArea::getXWinID() method in your DrawingArea constructor to either the ExampleGui constructor (after show_all_children) or connect to the DrawingArea::signal_realize() signal (http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1Widget.html#57525266f890c9eb894ae00af141decf) in your DrawingArea constructor and call the getXWinID() in your signal callback. . HTH.

--
José Alburquerque