Re: Adjusting the look and feel of the separator in a treeview/combobox

On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 16:05 +0200, Jef Driesen wrote:
> Both the treeview and the combobox widgets have a set_row_separator_func
> function to turn a row into a separator. When I use them, the separator
> is drawn as a simple line. Is it possible to change the appearance of
> the separator? Or does depend entirely on the chosen theme?
>
> I would like to have a separator that looks more like a real row, but
> with different colors,... An example of this can be found in the
> metadata view of the KDE application digiKam (see screenshot [1]).
>
> I also noticed the normal line separator is broken into multiple pieces
> when the treeview contains multiple columns (I have a CellRendererToggle
> and a CellRendererText column). And that doesn't look very nice to me.
>
> [1] http://www.digikam.org/?q=system/files&file=images/ss016.preview.png

I like the effect, so I asked on #gtk on irc:

<murrayc> Someone on gtkmm-list just asked how they could get this
treeview effect (the separators) with GtkTreeView:
 http://www.digikam.org/?q=system/files&file=images/ss016.preview.png
<murrayc> I can't think how to make something span two columsn.
<-- yeknom_ has quit (Ex-Chat)
<kris_> no, you cant do column spanning yet
 what you can try is:
 * use a single column
 * put two cell renderers in there
<kris_> * for the header columns, set visible of the second cell
renderer to false, set up text, background, alignment of the first
renderer
<murrayc> They'd be unlikely to line-up properly, I guess.
 Unless the cell renderer size was hard-coded.
<kris_> hmm, thats a good point

www.openismus.com