Re: compact test case for weird filechooser behaviour

Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 20:15 +0100, Bartosz Kostrzewa wrote:
>> A couple of days ago i reported that the filechooserwidget behaves
>> rather unpredictably when in a GNOME session. Here's a little testcase
>> that reproduces the behaviour as in gimmage.
>>
>> compile and launch "./testfilechooser *" in a directory with a couple of
>> files
>>
>> -click apply a couple of times to trigger set_filename(), note the
>> output and what happens in the window, note that get_filename() does NOT
>> return anything!
>
> Someone mentioned similar behaviour to me today when using the C API.
> Apparently some change to the async behaviour in 2.8 causes
> get_filename() to not immediately provide what you specifed to
> set_filename().

well that's not the worst thing, i can always run
Gtk::Main::iteration(), what is horrible however is that it doesn't
select the correct file and seems to iterate over the elements in the
reverse direction (see my other post with the modified test)

Also, if you try it with many elements in a non-gnome session, it is
astoundingly slow.. it takes upwards of 2 seconds for select_filename()!
It's basically useless as a filechooser widget if one wants to use it as
a status window as well. I'm in the process of rolling my own right now.

-Bartek