Re: compact test case for weird filechooser behaviour

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 20:15 +0100, Bartosz Kostrzewa wrote:
> A couple of days ago i reported that the filechooserwidget behaves
> rather unpredictably when in a GNOME session. Here's a little testcase
> that reproduces the behaviour as in gimmage.
>
> compile and launch "./testfilechooser *" in a directory with a couple of
> files
>
> -click apply a couple of times to trigger set_filename(), note the
> output and what happens in the window, note that get_filename() does NOT
> return anything!

Someone mentioned similar behaviour to me today when using the C API.
Apparently some change to the async behaviour in 2.8 causes
get_filename() to not immediately provide what you specifed to
set_filename().

But I can't find any open bug:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=gtk%2B

You might ask on gtk-list about this. If you file a GTK+ bug then the
test case should probably be in C and it needs to be much simpler.

www.openismus.com