Re: Problem with "reorderable" treeview

On Tuesday 26 June 2007 00:54, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
> On 6/25/07, Robert Pearce <rob bdt-home demon co uk> wrote:
<snip>
> > IS there a better way to reference members of a liststore, so that
> > reordering the treeview won't break the references?
> >
> > Or, alternatively, how can I best hook something up to the reordering
> > event so that I can repair all the references?
> >

> Look at Gtk::TreeRowReference.  I think this will do what you want.

Thanks, that looks like a good bet for all the "static" references.

I do, however, have one rather ugly kludge involving a timer event that cycles
through the treeview checking the status of things. This has a
semi-persistent iterator that gets iterated (!) every half second or so. It
doesn't look like TreeRowReference will do that, so I probably still need to
reset that one to Items->children().begin() whenever a reordering occurs. Is
there an event I can hook up to?

Thanks,
Rob