Re: Treeview with editable checkboxes besides items?

Murray Cumming wrote:
On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 16:18 +0200, Jef Driesen wrote:
Murray Cumming wrote:
On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 12:03 +0200, Jef Driesen wrote:
I still don't understand why I need to update the model myself with a CellRendererToggle. Because for a CellRendererText, all I need is:

renderer->property_editable() = true;
No, that won't be enough.

This is why we have the append_column_editable() helper methods:
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/classGtk_1_1TreeView.html#83d537226bbbb054aa792c03248e619f
I don't know why, but it *does* work here. I modified one of the examples of the gtkmm book to illustrate what I'm doing (see code below).

It's possible that the cellrenderer is changing its appearance without
causing the data in the model to change.

You were right. The model was never changed and I didn't noticed that.

Now I still wonder why I can make the CellRendererToggle editable without changing "property_activatable". Because for making a CellRendererText editable, "property_editable" is really required.