Re: How to make a Gtk::Window popup?

Hi,

How to make a Gtk::Window as  popup. [ ... ]

Now I need to make this KeyBoardWindow as popup window. I tried this one: " keyBoardObject = Gtk::manage ( new KeyBoardWindow ( Gtk::Window ( Gtk::WINDOW_POPUP ) ) ); ". But this was not working.

I don't know how to make this window as popup. please give me some ideas!.
The problem is, "popup" can mean several different things. Can you explain exactly what behaviour you are referring to in this case?

Some things to notice:

  1. The Gtk::Dialog class will create separate windows used to "prompt
     the user for a small amount of input" (to quote the docs at
     gtkmm.org.) These are sometimes referred to as "popup windows".
  2. If you want a popup *menu*, you just create a Gtk::Menu, then call
     its "popup" method.
  3. Gtk::Window::raise() will (in a sense) pop up an existing window.

- Toralf