Re: How to make a Gtk::Window popup?

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 10:56:18 +0530 SaiKamesh wrote:

> Now I need to make this KeyBoardWindow as popup window. I tried this one: "
> keyBoardObject = Gtk::manage ( new KeyBoardWindow ( Gtk::Window (
> Gtk::WINDOW_POPUP ) ) ); ". But this was not working.

Not working in what sense? I'm afraid I haven't managed to find a
mention of what particular problem you have. As I understand it, the
Gtk::WINDOW_POPUP attribute only controls decoration hints.

> I don't know how to make this window as popup. please give me some ideas!.

When do you want it to pop up? The actual mechanics of "popping up" a
window are trivial - call the show() method, and maybe do some
positioning. All you need is to define some suitable event to trigger
that, which is going to be a characteristic of your GUI design so
nobody here can answer it for you.