Re: [GtkGLExt] Initial port of GtkGLExt to GTK+ 3

Hi!

> > I did a quick port of GtkGLExt to GTK+ 3 over the weekend.
>
> That was quick.  :-)  I guess that's what I get for setting it aside for
> over a month.

Well, most of the port was about removing things. ;) However your time
wasn't completely wasted as your status reports gave me an impression of
what to expect.

> I cherry-picked two changes I'd made in my branch onto yours.  The first
> one fixes the cairo_set_source_rgb() link error on Debian that Alois Z.
> reported.  You can pull my changes from:
>
>   https://git.gitorious.org/gtkglext3/gtkglext3.git
>
> or visit https://gitorious.org/gtkglext3 for the project page.

I pushed them into my tree. Thanks!

> > I also have some ideas for further development of the code.
>
> As do I.  I'll use your branch to try out the changes I'd proposed on
> the list last July, extending the API to support OpenGL 3 and newer
> (which is really what got me interested in this in the first place).

Sounds good. I intend to finish the basic support for multiple targets
tomorrow. Afterwards I'll do some refactoring to make the code base look
more like GDK+ 3 and cleanup some interfaces. AFAIK you'll need GLX 1.4
plus GLX_ARB_create_context for creating an OpenGL-3 context. GLX 1.4
support is on my list anyway, so I'll do this after the cleanup. I guess
it'll be ready in two, at most three, weeks.

Regards
Thomas

--
GnuPG:          http://tdz.users.sourceforge.net/tdz.asc
Fingerprint:    16FF F599 82F8 E5AA 18C6 5220 D9DA D7D4 4EF1 DF08

jsapigen - A free glue-code generator for Mozilla SpiderMonkey. See
http://jsapigen.sourceforge.net for more information.