Re: [GtkGLExt] Initial port of GtkGLExt to GTK+ 3

On Sun, 2012-01-08 at 17:28 +0100, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:
> Hi
>
> I did a quick port of GtkGLExt to GTK+ 3 over the weekend.

That was quick.  :-)  I guess that's what I get for setting it aside for
over a month.

I cherry-picked two changes I'd made in my branch onto yours.  The first
one fixes the cairo_set_source_rgb() link error on Debian that Alois Z.
reported.  You can pull my changes from:

  https://git.gitorious.org/gtkglext3/gtkglext3.git

or visit https://gitorious.org/gtkglext3 for the project page.

> Off-screen rendering does currently not work.
>
> Color-index rendering is gone.

This simplifies things a lot.  I'd been looking at things from the
perspective of trying not to break backward compatibility at all, which
is why I was spending most of my time just analyzing.  But this
transition does seem like a good opportunity to just drop the archaic
stuff.

> I also have some ideas for further development of the code.

As do I.  I'll use your branch to try out the changes I'd proposed on
the list last July, extending the API to support OpenGL 3 and newer
(which is really what got me interested in this in the first place).
--
Mike Paul <mike wyzardry net>