Re: GIO support

On 13.04.2010 22:26, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:
• Create a Glib::Object::Introspection distribution providing the
introspection glue, and a separate Glib::IO distribution depending on
it. Upside: easy distribution, no disturbance on Glib. Are there
downsides to this approach?

Since separating out the two distributions still seemed to make sense to me today, I went ahead:

  http://git.gnome.org/browse/perl-Glib-Object-Introspection/
  http://git.gnome.org/browse/perl-Glib-IO/

And since all of this is fairly experimental anyway, I decided to use Dist::Zilla for Glib::IO. To install it after you cloned it, use "dzil install". (Any eventual tarball uploaded to CPAN will use ExtUtils::MakeMaker normally.)

I'm going to delete the gio-support branch in perl-Glib in a few days.