Re: dynamic mixing of primitives and background picture - semi-gui cropping utility

muppet <scott asofyet org> writes:

   if ($key_val == $Gtk2::Gdk::Keysyms{GDK_Up}) {

Or Gtk2::Gdk->keyval_from_name() similarly.  That hash could be a tie on
gdk_keyval_from_name() if Gdk would offer the full list of available key
names ...

Or mess around with an accelerator table.

Or advanced Gtk2::BindingSet when ready to go the whole hog with a
widget subclass and action signals.  I've had success with it, and it's
supposed to be more configurable, though I don't know if it really ends
up more configurable in practice :-).