Re: gtk-perl makes ASCII world domination one step closer

Hi all,

As I am approaching the hundredth commit in gpad, I thought I'd give you an
update and ask a few questions.

I told you that I hacked gpad because I was bored. Boy do I regret to not have
taken this project more seriously! I'd give my empire for a test suite.

Anyway, gpad is going well. Among the changes:
    ADDED: user definable context menues
    ADDED: font and zoom handling
    ADDED: optional automatic backup on save
    ADDED: import/export handlers
    ADDED: shortcuts to create elements and automatically edit them
    ADDED: groups have a different select/not_selected background color
    ADDED: redo
    FIXED: file-save and complete with file-save-as
    ADDED: adding stencil elements by name
    ADDED: scripting library
    ADDED: auto connect and export to clipboard
    ADDED: forward mouse events to registred actions

Still missing,I'll implement only if needed or some asks for it:
- a proper install (high priority will be done)
- auto routing (I'm trying to find someone to do that :)
- drag-drop
- multi tab

I worked a bit on usability and generating a diagram goes fast.I'll make a
screencast maybe that will give some the envie to try

a few questions:

How do I add icons to buttons as code below looks boring (a link will do
fine):

$dialog->add_button ('Continue editing' => 'no');
$dialog->add_button ('Quit and loose changes' => 'yes');

Is it possible to change the keyboard shortcut for a stock button? I'd like to
use ctl(or alt)-enter instead for alt-c in the dialog below:

   .----------------------------------.
   | X|O|  Box Attributes        |_|x |
   |----------------------------------|
   |.--------------------------------.|
   || edit area                      ||

                         $dialog->add_button ('gtk-close' => 'close');

Cheers, Nadim.