Re: Setting Font Faces and Sizes

On Jan 5, 2007, at 4:08 PM, zentara wrote:

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 14:39:41 -0600
Nik Ogura <nogura uma-mn com> wrote:

Can someone give me an example of how to set a) the font face and/ or b)
the font size for a Label or Entry Widget?

Just as important, where should I be looking for this sort of thing?

Usually it's set in the style in ~.gtkrc-2.0 You can download prebuilt
styles, just google for them. The best thing to do is search thru the
maillist archives for examples, and look at the demo programs that
come with the modules and see how they do it.

For labels, it's actually not hard at all if you use Pango markup ;-)

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use Gtk2 -init;
my $window = Gtk2::Window->new;
my $label = Gtk2::Label->new;
$window->add ($label);
$window->show_all;
Gtk2->main;
__END__

That doesn't help you for entries, but why are you wanting to change the font in an entry?