Re: Source editor w/ perl bindings

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 11:39 +1000, Daniel Kasak wrote:
Hi all.

I'm investigating the feasibility of adding ( Perl ) source code editing
to an app. I've found Gtk2::SourceView, and I'm installing it now, but
it requires gnome stuff, and I'd like to make this cross-platform.

Are there any alternatives?

the only thing that Gtk2::SourceView depends on is Gnome2::Print - which
is portable, as far as I know (it was used on various platforms, as long
as there's CUPS or a wrapper around lp).

the printing support has been removed from gtksourceview 2.0 (the
underlying C library) but the changes are not ABI/API-compatible so
it'll need a new binding set; as soon as gtksourceview 2.0 is released
(it should be declared API frozen at the end of the month and released
with GNOME 2.20) I'll start binding it.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--