Re: Gtk2::GLExt build problems

Mark Glines wrote:
That worked.  My home machine fails "make test" due to a mismatch
between nvidia kernel module version and header file version... not
Gtk2::GLExt's fault.  Guess it got upgraded since I rebooted last.

Hi,

Just a followup.  My work machine (ATI chipset) works great.  I've been
trying to get it working on my home machine (NVidia chipset).  I've
rebooted it, to discover that Gtk2::GLExt's testsuite has some failures
when its running against nvidia-glx.  It runs fine against xorg-glx, but
when I link nvidia-glx in, it says:

t/00.GtkGl.............ok
t/01.GtkGdkGlConfig....NOK 2
#   Failed test in t/01.GtkGdkGlConfig.t at line 28.
#          got: '24'
#     expected: '16'
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 13.
t/01.GtkGdkGlConfig....dubious
        Test returned status 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
DIED. FAILED test 2
        Failed 1/13 tests, 92.31% okay
t/02.GtkGlWidget.......ok
Failed Test           Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
t/01.GtkGdkGlConfig.t    1   256    13    1   7.69%  2
Failed 1/3 test scripts, 66.67% okay. 1/28 subtests failed, 96.43% okay.

It seems to be checking whether get_attrib('depth-size') is equal to
get_depth().  My X server is running with 16-bit depth.  Perhaps
nvidia's glx is using a different depth in memory and resampling before
it hits the frame buffer?

Anyway, figured I'd mention it.  If a mismatch here isn't indicative of
something gone horribly wrong, perhaps the test could be skipped for
nvidia chipsets?  "glxinfo" reports the vendor string is "NVIDIA
Corporation"; I'm not sure how to access that from perl.

Mark