Gst X overlay?

Hi there.

I've been making my way through learning the GStreamer interface for Perl.  After
some steady progress, I've come upon a sticking point.

I've been unable to find anything regarding usage of the X overlay interface in
Perl.  My goal is to grab the Gdk window of my videosink and act upon it (calling
methods, setting properties, etc) as I would any other window.  Likewise, I'd
like to be able to force ximagesink to render in my own gdk window.  From reading
the C API docs, I gather that both of these scenarios are possible, using
gst_x_overlay.  I just can't get my head around how to do it in Perl.

Does anyone have any experience in this area you could share?  Any help or
direction would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Chris