Re: Control on Tree Row collapsing

Thanks Torsten. That was the signal that I was looking for.

Moreover, in such a case, I also want to know, whether the collapse of a row, has happened
on the parent which holds the selected tree item. Foreg:
+ ABC
 - 123
+ DEF
 -456. < --- selected.

When 456 is selected and ABC is collapsed, I do not want to throw any confirmation dialog.
When 456 is selected and only in case DEF [or its parent] is collapsed, I want to throw the confirmation.

With the signal for tree-collapse-row, I can now get the path and iter of the row collapsed.
but how do I use that information to get information on whether that path[ie DEF] is the parent
or parent's parent for 456[Assuming I have information pertaining to the iter and path of 456].

Is there any direct API to verify that?

I checked ancestor and descendant, but both do not seem to work.
[i can always manipulate the path string to verify my requirement on whether it is a parent
or not, but I just wanted to check if there is already an API available to do that].

Thanks
Ashwin

On 12/17/06, Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de> wrote:
On Sun, 2006-12-17 at 01:50 +0530, Ashwin Ramachandran wrote:

> When the row MNP is selected, and its parent ABC is collapsed, then I
> want to popout a dialog box, mentioning that
> the row MNP is going to be un-selected and whether the user wants it
> or not. If the user is fine with it, then the collapsing
> goes through or if the user does not want it, then I need to cancel
> the collapse signal.
> [This behaviour is required for my application needs, where some extra
> information is required for a given tree row to be taken as inputs
> from the user].

Sounds like you want the "test-collapse-row" signal on the
Gtk2::TreeView:

< http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkTreeView.html#GtkTreeView-test-collapse-row>

--
Bye,