Re: Announce Gtk2-Ex-MindMapView

Hi, sorry for the late answer

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 03.49, James Muir wrote:
- there is a display bug (see attachment)

I assume the bug is the horizontal blue line that appears in the upper
right corner. Correct?
Correct.

Jaap Karssenberg is looking at adding the mind map as an option into his
zim desktop wiki application. A version without the mindmap can be found
at:

http://zoidberg.student.utwente.nl/zim/

My hope is that by making it easier to add mind map type functionality
to applications, that interesting hybrid applications might be created.
Please share your ideas, and it would be great to have another tester. :-)
I use zim too, not very often because it has one big flaw. it did the same
mistake we complaine about when it come to "normal" wikis. It's off line
only.

There are a few small points I don't like with zim but alltogether I'd give it
8/10 out of 10 possible points.

I test zim as the releases come out so I can be counted in the "testers".

I would be good if you didn't fin yet another format, something, hmm, XML
based (though I'd very much like to something simpler and more perlish too)
and I believe that being able to, at least, read freemind format would be
good.

docuwiki has support for freemind through a java applet I think.

Another, related, question. Is there a canvas/lib for drawing objects
(squares, circles, ..) and lonking them together. A kind of base lib for
an application like Dia or visio?

I don't know of such a library, but if you find one please let me know.
I sure will.

there's another KDE project, slightly related, that I am following too.
KGraphViewer. I do some testing for it too. you may want to have a look at.

$>svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/kgraphviewer/trunk kgraphviewer

Cheers, Nadim.