Re: GStreamer 0.01

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 18:21 +0200, Matthias Bläsing wrote:

today I played with the GStreamer Bindings and learned, that I really
hate indent-based blocks (till today I tried to play with the python
bindings). It's great to have perl bindings of gstreamer. When trying to
port an example from python to perl (gst123) I ran into a lack of bound
types. Especially the Binding for GstTagList. I tried to understand how
the bindings work an how to ad support, but as I only have _very_ basic
knowledge in C (zero would be the best description) and no experience in
writing bindings...

I originally punted the tags stuff down the TODO list because most of it
is implemented as an interface which plugins, if they support tag
reading/writing, simply implement.  Unfortunately, there's no way the
bindings can now which plugins support which interfaces, or even which
plugins are installed at all -- at least as far as I can tell.

But your mail prompted me to look into it again.  I saw that the tag
reading stuff (mainly the found-tag signal) can be implemented without
caring about the interface stuff.  So I did it.  The results are in CVS
HEAD, complete with a simple example player.

--
Bye,
-Torsten