Re: GStreamer 0.01

Am Montag, den 25.04.2005, 21:09 +0200 schrieb Torsten Schoenfeld:
Most of the base GStreamer stuff is wrapped.  All examples from the
manual[1] also work in Perl.  (See examples/manual/ in the source
directory.)

Hey,

today I played with the GStreamer Bindings and learned, that I really
hate indent-based blocks (till today I tried to play with the python
bindings). It's great to have perl bindings of gstreamer. When trying to
port an example from python to perl (gst123) I ran into a lack of bound
types. Especially the Binding for GstTagList. I tried to understand how
the bindings work an how to ad support, but as I only have _very_ basic
knowledge in C (zero would be the best description) and no experience in
writing bindings...

So is there work on the bindings? It would be to nice to write a musik
player using perl, a database and gstreamer for playing and
tag-reading...

Mfg

Matthias

--
Matthias Bläsing
ICQ: 84617206   AIM: linuxfun81   MSN: linuxfun hotmail com