How to fixate a window on another window?

Hi,

I like to have a child window on my application window which has a fixed
position relative to the button which opens it (somewhat like a Popup
menu). It should look like this:

    | Main App Window                                 |
    |                                                 |
    |              +----------------------------------+
    |              | Child Window                     |
    |              |                                  |
    |              +-------------------------+--------+
    |                                        | Button |
    +----------------------------------------+--------+

The child window should overlap other widgets in the main window and can
be closed again on user action. If the main window is resized, the child
window should keep attached at the right side and above the button.

What's the easiest way to accomplish that?

Thanks in advanve.

Regards,

Joern

--