Re: Gnome2::Applet?

* Sebastian Riedel <sri oook de>:

The fact is, I've never been able to effectively trace why the applet is
not loaded inside the panel, since it all happens inside a bonobo
connection, and the error log is not helpful.

I grabbed it from cvs and stumbled a little through the source,
but i must admit that i know nothing about bonobo.

That's makes the two of us. :-)

Aside from that Ruby has a very clean and working binding,
maybe a look through it could help.

It's not the binding (as far as I can see) /per se/: it correctely
creates the XS/C layer, and it's easy to see that has been done exactely
as every other Perl binding.  It's just that the class method that calls
the main callback quits before making the call, and tracing why is just
a little hell.

Anyway, help from anyone is greatly welcome.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi (Zefram)                 [ http://www.emmanuelebassi.net ]
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 4DD0 C90D 4070 F071 5738  08BD 8ECC DB8F A432 0FF4