Is "The Official GNOME 2 Developer's Guide" from No Starch Press good for gnome-perl?

Hi All,

I'm new to this list and would like to use the GNOME API in perl. I've read about 2/3 of Practical C Programming from O'Reilly a little over 2 years ago and that's about the extent of my experience with C. I never finished the book because I picked up Learning Perl at that time and never looked back. I was wondering if "The Official GNOME 2 Developer's Guide" would be any good for someone with no experience in C trying to learn gnome-perl. Any recommendations? Also, if I have GTK+ for Win32 can I use gnome-perl? I hoping there's a binary package somewhere if I can.

Thanks,
Brian