Re: Problems on Gtk2->init

Gavin Brown <gavin brown uk com> writes:

is there some reason that perl on slackware has no threading enabled?

If I remember correctly, threading is not enabled in Perl by default -
you have to ask for it when building. Since Slackware's policy in
general is to leave packages virtually unmodified, with no special
configuration options, that might explain it.

FYI, since Fri Aug 02 2002 Mandrake Linux ships a thread-enabled
Perl because Perl people are asking for it:

* Fri Aug 02 2002 Pixel <pixel mandrakesoft com> 5.8.0-6mdk

- enable threading
  (rationale: as Jarkko Hietaniemi told me, debian and redhat have it)

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/