Re: gtk2-perl / releasing a first public beta

their complaints and suggestions, I propose the release of a
first public beta, both registering it on gtk.org[1] and on the
Freshmeat directory.

Please raise your voice if you have any opinion on that matter!

Yes,

It is absolutely vital that you put it in CPAN.

Qt.pm lost a tutorial session at this years YAPC::Europe
because they hadn't placed it at CPAN - since I couldn't
find source code for the module more recient than March 2000
(and that didn't compile).

Ironically, they announced the first public release of the
shiny new Qt.pm module on the second day of YAPC::Europe :-P

This year I re-did my Gtk.pm tutorial in Munich instead which
is still fun, cool and popular but it would have been nice
to have given the organisers the choice.

Secondly, and i'm sure this is still the case - we need to try and
make sure that the Gtk and Gnome bindings stay seperate - ie,
the Gtk binding becoming dependent on Gnome is bad, although
Gnome binding being dependent on Gtk is fair game.

Thanks a lot for the work you are doing on Gtk2.  Your work
is deeply appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Red