Cancelling a fileselection widget

Hello

     I have a fileselection widget in my application. I've associated a signal
handler with the cancel button. However, none of the things I've tried work as
I'd like.

    Gtk->exit(0) kills the whole application - I only want to kill the widget.

    I've tried the obvious things, like calling close on the fileselection
object, but this method isn't recognised. I found that a fileselection ISA
Gtk::Window, but this doesn't have a close method associated with it, either.

    Help?

Bob
--
Remember, Grasshopper, falling down 1000 stairs begins by tripping over
the first one.