GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS broken? (Was: Problems OpenGL + GTK + Windows)

As a side question to the problem below, I tried to run GTK+ examples
with GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS set to 1, but I then turn into various
problems. Resizing messes up the redraw (see attachment), buttons
are not functional (no click event), long combo box lists do not display
correctly...

Is this still supposed to work under Win32?

Michael.