Re: OpenGL and overlapping widget

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 8:58 PM, Michael Goffioul
<michael goffioul gmail com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 12:41 AM, Andrew Haines <AndrewD207 aol com> wrote:
>> Have you called gtk_widget_set_has_window on the GtkButton before it is
>> realized?
>>
>> gtk_widget_set_has_window(button, TRUE);
>>
>> If that isn't supported you may have to have another GtkFixed that's
>> used only for the button since I'm pretty sure GtkFixed supports having
>> it's own window.
>
> Thanks for the tip. I'll try asap, but I need first to update my GTK+
> (I' was using 2.16).

I updated GTK+ to 2.20.1, but I have now problems with GtkGLExt
library itself. Even the examples from the source tree do not work.
It looks like the OpenGL area takes the whole window size instead
of its expected area, overlapping any other widget within the same
window. Those examples used to work fine with GTK+-2.16.1.

The same happens with the examples of GtkGLArea. For instance
the demo example create a window with an internal border of 10px,
and a vbox with the OpenGL widget and a button. Nevertheless, the
OpenGL drawing takes the whole window space, including the 10px
border, completely hiding the button.

Is there some incompatibilities?

Michael.