How to embed a shell into GTK window

Dear All,

	I am currently writing an IDE program using GTK. In my application,
I what to embed a shell into my GUI, so user can choose to enter command to
operate, just like Matlab.

	My first ideal is to use GtkTextView, and capture user's input and
interpret it as command. However, I find it a bit complex since I have to
write several features by myself, such as: matching with tab, history and
etc.

	Therefore, I am wondering if there are any easier ways to implement
this feature, a best solution would be a widget that I can use directly.

	Thanks in advance!

Bruce Cheng