RE: Cache/Save parsed Gtk Builder file?

I'll never understand why Glade removed the code gen capability when it
went from Glade2 to Glade3.  Most of the time, the XML UI definition is
best, but not in cases like yours.

If startup performance is vital, I recommend manually coding via the
widget API.  However, a good portion of your startup time may be due to
file access.  So, you may want to try statically including the glade
file contents in your app so you can use gtk_builder_add_from_string().

-Anthony Vallone