Re: installing glib and gtk - new versions

On lun, 2005-02-14 at 09:40 -0500, charles livsey wrote:
>On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 18:32, Gabriel de Perthuis wrote:
>>>Be sure to scrap all of what was installed beforehand with make
>>>uninstall,
>>>start over with a make clean, and export PKG_CONFIG_PATH to
>>>your_prefix/lib/pkgconfig .
>>(and reconfigure with --prefix=your-own-prefix of course)
>>>Install glib, atk, gtk... in the right order
>>The dependencies order is at this page, though I think you only need
>>glib, pango and atk.
>The problem seems to lie with glib, as when I try to compile atk gives
>an error that I don't have a version of glib >2.0, which usually
>indicates that glib is installed incorrectly.  I have tried installing
>glib multiple ways from the tar files, in root, and they should not
>have been put in a non-standard location, as suggested by the errors.
>Most recently, I used ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/  which is where
>it should go anyway.  I also performed a make uninstall and make clean
>prior.

>I tried the export PKG_CONFIG_PATH /usr/lib/pkgconfig, but I'm not sure
>how to do that.
Do "export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig", and run ldconfig
before each ./configure that requires one of the libraries you installed
in /usr/local (pkg-config already knows about /usr/lib/pkgconfig) (I
should have mentionned that ldconfig step).
If you installed over /usr, I think you'd better start over and
reinstall the stock rpms.