Re: installing glib and gtk - new versions

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 12:37 -0500, charles livsey wrote:
>Well I've already tried that and failed anyway, so where do I go now?
>How else can I install it?
Be sure to scrap all of what was installed beforehand with make
uninstall,
start over with a make clean, and export PKG_CONFIG_PATH to
your_prefix/lib/pkgconfig .
Install glib, atk, gtk... in the right order, so that an rgrepping
PKG_CONFIG_PATH for one of these libraries only gives the new version in
your prefix, none of the old ones.
You would get stuck if B requires A at version 1, gets build with the
old A, and then C requires A at version 2 and B.