Re: Mysterious extra button_release event?

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 10:11:38AM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> I forgot an important detail, the catch is that in GTK 1.2, the "auto
> grab" on button press is like grabbing with owner_events set to TRUE,
> meaning that events don't go to the grab window, instead they go to
> whichever window the mouse pointer is inside. So your gdk_pointer_grab()
> does have some effect, it sets owner_events to FALSE. The usual
> workaround for this is to gtk_grab_add() in addition to
> gdk_pointer_grab(), gtk_grab_add() will forward events to your widget,
> even if they occurred on another widget; and it will apply to
> already-received-but-not-yet-processed events.
>
> In GTK 2.0 the "auto grab" has owner_events of FALSE, so you don't have
> to do the gtk_grab_add(), and usually not even the gdk_pointer_grab().

Ah, thanks for the clarification.  I was already using gtk_grab_add().  If
grab_add applies to already-received-but-not-yet-processed events, then I
guess I need to look elsewhere to find the source of my problems (that
occasionally, the button_release event doesn't seem to be received by the
notebook, so the pointer stays grabbed until the user clicks again). :)

Daniel