Re: Mysterious extra button_release event?

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 11:49:08PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> There's a weird hack in the drag-and-drop code that synthesizes a button
> release event, but I'm not sure how you'd be encountering that.  Would
> require debugging.

Yeah... The hboxes in the notebook tabs are DnD targets, but not sources
(I'd need eventboxes for that, I guess).  I'll just work around it for now.

> The pointer is automatically grabbed when a button is pressed, you don't
> actually have to do it yourself, for exactly this reason.

Even when the button_press event occurs on a GtkNotebook tab?  When I
comment out the pointer grab, the notebook doesn't receive a button_release
event after I press on it, drag off, and then release.  Is there something
else I need to be doing?

Thanks,

Daniel