Re: Mysterious extra button_release event?

Daniel Erat <dan_erat pobox com> writes:

> I have no idea where that second button_release event is coming from; it
> seems to me that there is no corresponding button_press event.  I imagine I
> could write a hack to work around this (by ignoring consecutive
> button_release events), but I'd prefer to know why it's showing up.

There's a weird hack in the drag-and-drop code that synthesizes a
button release event, but I'm not sure how you'd be encountering that.
Would require debugging.

> p.s. Looking at this psuedocode, I think I see an additional unrelated
> problem.  It looks like it would be possible for the user to release the
> mouse button outside of the notebook while the motion_notify or
> leave_notify handler is executing, before the pointer has been grabbed.  Is
> this indeed a possibility?  If so, can anyone give an advice on how I can
> prevent this from happening?  Is grabbing the pointer on button_press the
> only way to do this?  Thanks again!

The pointer is automatically grabbed when a button is pressed, you
don't actually have to do it yourself, for exactly this reason.

Havoc