Re: gtk 2 or 3

On Don 28.10.2010 11:35, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
Sorry but this point is not clear enough to me.
Do you mean that GTK+ is not stable enough on Windows (XP,Vista,7)?!

[snipp]

And yes, I do say all this even if I am by many seen as the maintainer
of GTK+ on Windows. As the saying goes, "patches welcome".

If you want better cross-platform support, try Qt. (Sure, personally I
wouldn't touch it with a stick. But many people actually like C++, poor
souls...)

Thanks four your explanation.

I want to use gstreamer for Audio & video and GTK for the gui but now
I'am a little bit unsure if this is the right direction?!

The QT phonon looks still very experimental.

How much work does you mean could it be to make GTK+ stable on windows?
Maybe the dependend libs are more work then the GTK+?