Re: Building and packaging for Windows

Hello

I am the author of ISO Master ( http://littlesvr.ca/isomaster/ ). It's a reasonably simple GTK application. I'd like to make a Windows version. If possible, without porting the GUI to Win32. I managed to compile ISO Master on Windows using cygwin, but I don't see how I could distribute it without a cygwin prerequisite.

Can someone share ideas about how to compile a GTK application for Windows and package it so it includes GTK and its dependencies?

Any tips you would care to share would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Take a look at the win32 subdirectory in the pcb (pcb.sf.net) source tree. Also look at configure.ac for pcb. It's not really polished, but the "build_win32" script in there will build a non-cygwin version of pcb and create a windows installer using NSIS. The script is a wrapper around the autoconf build system and makes several assumptions about where some of the gtk for windows runtime stuff exists.

Hope this helps.

-Dan