Re: Building and packaging for Windows

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Andrew Smith wrote:

I am the author of ISO Master ( http://littlesvr.ca/isomaster/
). It's a reasonably simple GTK application. I'd like to make a
Windows version. If possible, without porting the GUI to Win32.
I managed to compile ISO Master on Windows using cygwin, but I
don't see how I could distribute it without a cygwin
prerequisite.

Then compile it using mingw rather than cygwin.

Can someone share ideas about how to compile a GTK application
for Windows and package it so it includes GTK and its
dependencies?

For one example, see

http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/cross-gtk/

Allin Cottrell