Re: Help about the gtkglext application in FreeBSD 5.3

Hi,

Problem has been fixed! It annoyed me serveral days.
Two issues should be noted.

The first one is that the demo should be linked with
gthread-2.0 (default is xthread under FreeBSD5.3 +
Gnome2.6), or it will behave wired when resize the gl
window.

The second one is that function
gdk_gl_drawable_make_current or
gdk_gl_drawable_gl_begin should be called only once
(the best place is in gl widget realize event
handler).  Otherwise, any following glXMakeCurrent
call which implicit called by the above two function
will be failed.

Thanks.

qxb

Hi, everyone:

Now I face a problem in porting my gtkglext
application from linux to freebsd. The problem is I
can not correctly run any gtkglext demo programs. I
got following errors, e.g:

 (gears:10449): GdkGLExt-WARNING **:
glXMakeCurrent()
failed

 The program started normally but the GL drawing
area
is blank. and whenever the window need refresh, the
above error showed in the console. My system is
FreeBSD5.3 stable + Xorg + Gnome2.6 (which is the
default installation)

This is *not* the problem of OpenGL library of X11,
since I can run the normal mesa-demo successfully.
Moreover, I tried to install the other GtkGL binding
(GtkGLArea), and the example with GtkGLArea cannot
run
either. It says "BadMatch" with X error code 8. Look
into the manual, I suspect it maybe due to the
parameter mismatch between GLDrawable and
GLXContext.

So I guess this problem maybe due to the bug of gtk+
under FreeBSD + XOrg, since both of the GtkGL
bindings
do not work either. Further, I test another gtk+gl
demo program which does not need gtkglext and
gtkglarea , however, got similar error.

For the demo "simple" accompanied in GtkGLExt-1.0.6,
use gdb to trace the stack and the top four stack
frame are listed below:

#0  0x28191ab6 in glXMakeCurrent () from
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1
#1  0x280bcd61 in gdk_gl_window_new ()
   from /usr/X11R6/lib/libgdkglext-x11-1.0.so.2
#2  0x280986ea in gdk_gl_drawable_gl_begin ()
   from /usr/X11R6/lib/libgdkglext-x11-1.0.so.2
#3  0x0804988f in configure_event (widget=0x807ca40,
event=0x80b2018,
    data=0x0) at simple.c:79

Any suggestion will be welcome, since I do not
receive
any comments in gtkglext mailing list for two days.

Thanks

qxb