Help about the gtkglext application in FreeBSD 5.3

Hi, everyone:

Now I face a problem in porting my gtkglext
application from linux to freebsd. The problem is I
can not correctly run any gtkglext demo programs. I
got following errors, e.g:

 (gears:10449): GdkGLExt-WARNING **: glXMakeCurrent()
failed

 The program started normally but the GL drawing area
is blank. and whenever the window need refresh, the
above error showed in the console. My system is
FreeBSD5.3 stable + Xorg + Gnome2.6 (which is the
default installation)

This is *not* the problem of OpenGL library of X11,
since I can run the normal mesa-demo successfully.
Moreover, I tried to install the other GtkGL binding
(GtkGLArea), and the example with GtkGLArea cannot run
either. It says "BadMatch" with X error code 8. Look
into the manual, I suspect it maybe due to the
parameter mismatch between GLDrawable and GLXContext.

So I guess this problem maybe due to the bug of gtk+
under FreeBSD + XOrg, since both of the GtkGL bindings
do not work either. Further, I test another gtk+gl
demo program which does not need gtkglext and
gtkglarea , however, got similar error.

For the demo "simple" accompanied in GtkGLExt-1.0.6, I
use gdb to trace the stack and the top four stack
frame are listed below:

#0  0x28191ab6 in glXMakeCurrent () from
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1
#1  0x280bcd61 in gdk_gl_window_new ()
   from /usr/X11R6/lib/libgdkglext-x11-1.0.so.2
#2  0x280986ea in gdk_gl_drawable_gl_begin ()
   from /usr/X11R6/lib/libgdkglext-x11-1.0.so.2
#3  0x0804988f in configure_event (widget=0x807ca40,
event=0x80b2018,
    data=0x0) at simple.c:79

Any suggestion will be welcome, since I do not receive
any comments in gtkglext mailing list for two days.

Thanks

qxb