Re: gtk table + scrolled window: not expanding enough?

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 22:02 +0100, F. Kater wrote:
Hi,

from the gtk 2.0 tutorial I have made a scrolling window with a widget
table: The table contains 10 rows of labels. The table is packed into
a frame.

(1) However, when the window is displayed at first the window is not
resized enough -- only half of the table with labels is shown. You can,
of course, scroll through all lables -- but I'd like to have the *whole*
table displayed at start (and therefore the window should resize a bit
more).

you can have a look at:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWidget.html#gtk-widget-get-child-requisition

(2) Further: Above and below of that frame with the widget table, there
are other frames, and, if I resize the window, *all* of the frames are
expanded. So, the frame with the table expands only relatively slowly.

for this you can look at:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkTable.html#GtkTable-struct

as you can see you can decide if the child can expand, shrink and fill.

Any ideas for szenario (1) and (2) ?

Thank's for reading...

hope it helps

 Felix