Re: how to implement a scrolling text widget (as msg handler)?

On Monday 20 December 2004 21:52, F. Kater wrote:

Hi,

I need to show text messages like on the console window but inside of a
widget. What's the easiest approach to do that?

I've seen the "set handler" functions to catch g_print() -- but how
would I have an infinitly scrolling text widget (with a limited buffer
of course)?

you can do something like:
textbuffer -> textview -> scrolledwindow -> window

and paste the output into the textbuffer

Felix

GMario