Re: Design of MDI aplication

Am Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:55:28 +0100 schrieb Petr Hracek:

Hi all,

I would like to ask you how I can design MDI aplication. Of course if
it's possible.
where I can find some sources. In Gtk-demo I did not find anything.

As far I know there's no MDI in plain gtk. I read somewhere about an
extra widget which enables this. But perhaps you think about the design
and if you really need a MDI application. In most cases you could work
with some small windows like the gimp does also. Or perhaps you could
place your stuff into a tabbed notebook.like here[1].

I think the biggest problem with MDI is, that on X the most window
managers doesn't support MDI windows. So gtk should handle the windows
by itself. But then their look&feel is much different from the normal
windows handled by the window manager.

regards
Andreas

[1] http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?MDI