Re: best approach to fast display of images?

Am Wed, 8 Dec 2004 00:20:20 +0100 schrieb F. Kater:

Hi,

I have to quickly display an image which gets brighter and brighter,
then darker and darker (breathing effect). The image is grey and has
no alpha channel right now. Time consuming is not the recalculation of
the image's data but displaying it:

This worked -- but is way too slow:

Does anyone have a better solution to that?

Hi,

I've not much experience with this, but did you thought of OpenGL
(gtkglext)? I think this should be fast enough. If you are flexible,
perhaps try the upcoming EFL (www.enlightenment.org) from CVS. This has
nothing todo with gtk, but the apps on top this library have *very fast*
graphic effects like you need.

regards
Andreas