Re: Hooking into the input queue(?)

Am Do, den 02.12.2004 schrieb Jan um 16:16:
[...]
Yes, it is this global approach I am after - it has to be possible
somehow. I assume the X server is the one that captures the physical
keystrokes and sends them to - the window manager? Or directly to the
application?

Getting OT here:

I think this is a typical "use the source Luke" case. ;)

Try this:

$ locate intrinsic
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/PostScript/intrinsics.PS
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/intrinsics.TXT

and read it.

Besides that document you can have a look at the headers of the core X
libraries, like Xt and so on. Last resort may be to look at some X
extensions, XTest e.g. is for sending fake keypresses and the like. Or
ask some X programmers...

HTH,
Marc