GnomeCanvas for Windows...........

Hi,

As I said before I use GnomeCanvas for Windows with MinGW 3.0 and MSYS 1.0.7 (recent versions of MSYS won't
work). I use a Python script to set up my environment. This is what the script does:

1. Download unzip.exe and pexports (you will need this programs later)

2. Download and unzip GTK+ and its dependencies from www.gimp.org/win32

3. Download libgnomecanvas and its dependencies (libglade and libart_lgpl), unzip and compile them.

4. Download and compile pygtk and gnome-python, which are the Python bindings to GTK and libgnomecanvas.
Obviously not everybody need this step.

As an exercise you can build an installer with the output of my script using a tool like Inno Setup, which
btw, is what people from www.dropline.net do.

I can give my script to anyone who ask for it but it's only tested in Windows 2000 and I can't garantee that
it will work. At least, it should give you some tips for doing the same stuff manually.

Just one question to Tor: What tools (and versions) do you use to compile GTK+ in Windows?

Regards

Lorenzo Gil Sanchez