More GtkTreeModel/View questions

First, let me apologize profusely for my newbie-ness that will become
readily apparent later in this message.

Ok, with that out of the way, I don't think I compleletly understand the
entire GtkTreeModel/GtkTreeView relationship.

I created a GtkTreeStore, populated it (I think), and then created a
GtkTreeView associated with that model.  Then I created a CellRenderer
and ColumnView for each column.  Last, I added each column to my view
with gtk_tree_view_append_column.

So my questions are:  Did I do this right?  Did I forget anything?  I am
assuming I must have, or I did something wrong, because I can't see any
of the data in my model.  Also, do I need one CellRenderer and one
ColumnView for each column I want to display in my TreeModel?

I've been rummaging around the API on gnome.org, but I couldn't find the
answers to my questions.  I just got more confused.  Not that it is hard
to confuse me or anything.

thanks,

jonathan